How to be a blushing bride on your wedding day!
It comes as no surprise that on your wedding day you want to be the most beautiful, blushing bride that ever walked down the aisle! Make up preparation has never been more important and it’s essential that you get it right. The idea of being snapped by continuous photography with family and friends can be extremely daunting for many brides. We can often get wrapped up in the idea of looking our absolute best and go to extreme lengths with beauty and cosmetic treatments. There is no harm in procedures such as teeth whitening and a facial but be careful when considering permanent enhancements.
Whether you’re doing your make up on the big day yourself or you’re hiring a professional make up artist (which I TOTALLY recommend!!! Remember that you are applying makeup that will look amazing in photos and not necessarily to look good in person), these tips will assist you in what to do, and more importantly what not to do!
- ·Start the process well in advance and set up a continuous beauty regime. Beauty comes with fresh looking, natural skin, not piles of make up hiding blemishes. Drink plenty of water in the upcoming months, as this will keep your skin hydrated and glowing. Make sure you cleanse and tone everyday and wash your make up off before going to bed as this will reduce the risk of breakouts and keep your skin fresh.
Start this process at LEAST a month in advance (it takes 28 days for skin to cycle)
- ·If you’re not the best with make-up and you don’t handle working well under pressure then don’t stress and hire a make up artist. It’s not going to turn out well if you’re too nervous on the day to apply your make up. It’s recommended to do some research in the upcoming weeks of your wedding to find the perfect make up artist that is going to give you the look you’ve been dreaming of. Seek recommendation from your friends and family and read reviews online, find your local salon on Secret Salons and book in advance.
- ·Take time to relax! Remember that this is your special day and you want to enjoy it and make sure it is a memory you will never forget. Book yourself in for a spa day with the girls and treat yourselves to manicure, pedicure and facials- aka Bride Heaven Not only will this calm your nerves and let you enjoy a day with the girls, you’ll be looking the part and ready to walk down the aisle.
- ·Tanning is where most of us go wrong. Don’t fake tan on the day, orange and white isn’t the best combination for a wedding dress. It is highly recommended to get a spray tan WELL in advance to check out the way you will look. Some sprays can turn you orange! Who wants to look like Snookie on their wedding day! Plan your final spray either one or two days before the wedding. This way you can choose a shade that you want to go, with professional advice and furthermore you will not be at risk of streaks!
- ·Don’t panic! Easier said than done, but the most important thing to do is relax and stay calm and take it all in. Get a good night’s sleep before the big day to keep you feeling relaxed and rejuvenated.
- ·Don’t rush! Make a checklist of everything you need to prepare in advance and tick the list as you go.
- ·If you’re superstitious, don’t let the groom see you before the wedding; you want to make sure you have all the luck in the world!
Remember when it finally comes to the big day stay calm and smile, this will shine more than anything in your photos!